What Is This?

We have a gigantic list of things we want to do this summer. This site will be a way to keep track of it, and post about each thing we cross off the list! Hopefully this summer will be memorable and the best one yet. :)
READ THE FULL TO-DO LIST HERE!

Friday, June 18, 2010

#19 - Go to SchoolKids Records


Rachel had been to SchoolKids Records before, and after hearing about it from my friend Jake, I knew that I had to go, too. The cute little store is located in Raleigh, so we drove on out there which took a good amount of gas but was definitely worth it. The store was pretty small but packed with good music! They had CD's and records from just about every band imaginable. I really wish I had brought a ton of money with me; I would have spent it all on the awesome records that were on display. I actually have a record player sitting beside my computer right now, but the only time we use it is during Christmas time - playing all those old classic Christmas songs like the Little Drummer Boy. But oh man, how amazing it would be to have Modest Mouse or MGMT playing from the speakers! I really want to go back to SchoolKids Records another time. There's this little stage set up against the wall where I guess local bands play? It would be really neat to go back there once someone is playing. :) So if you're bored and in Raleigh, my advice is to check the place out. There's a little something in there for everyone. Oh geeze...I sound like a commercial now.




1 comment:

  1. I'm real proud to have played a role in this adventure! Also, this blog/list is pretty awesome and I really hope you guys do all of these things.
    -Jake

    ReplyDelete